There are so many ways you can make money online from your blog. One of it is from advertising for other businesses.
What is an advertising space?
An advertising space is a strategic location on your blog or website that you dedicate for advertisements. This could be in any of these locations;
(1) at the sidebar of your blog
(2) Above the fold
(3) below the fold
(4) header or
(5) footer (6) in content.
Again, the ads may be in the form of (1) banner ads or (2) link ads.
What you need to start selling advertising space
Before you even think of making money by selling advertising space you must have the following:
1. A blog or website (with at least 1,000 unique visitors daily). If you don;t have a blog yet,
2. A good email and a smartphone
3. Bank account that you will use to receive your advertising payment.
Start Selling Advertising Space on your Blog or Website
1. Setup an advertising page
Create a landing page for your potential advertisers. This is a page where you tell your potential advertisers about your audience and its potentials. Here are important things you must have on your advertising page:
(1) welcome message
(2) Blog or website traffic (daily visitors). Make sure you display Google analytic report and be ready to share same with your potential advertisers if they need it.
(3) Audience interest
(4) Who should advertise
(5) Benefits of advertising on your blog or website
(6) Locations of advertising space and their benefits
(7) Cost of advertising for each advertising space (using a currency of your target advertisers). Make sure you don’t charge too much. Start small and grow up gently. Many bloggers and website owners drive away potential advertisers by inflating their advert rates.
(8) Your contacts
(9) Payment procedure (and return policy if any)
(10) Feedback procedure: this is what you’ll do after the payment is made.
Caution: Please be honest about the information you present about your blog or website. That is, do not tell the potential advertisers that you have 10,000 unique visitors daily when you don’t even have 1,000.
2. Find Advertisers.
Make a name-list of your potential advertisers.
I will suggest you list of 1,000 potential advertisers on your website.
Make sure you study your audience very well and be sure it will be okay for your potential advertiser.
Also, study your audience’s interest so that you can make a proper presentation to your potential advertisers.
3. Make contact
Begin to contact your potential advertisers one by one through email or phone call. Be polite when presenting yourself and your business.
See a typical example of a good email you can send your potential advertisers…
I represent (— blog or website name —) and I’m writing to offer you cheap advertising on my blog/website.
I understand stand that you manage a private university and my blog/website will be your best place to get potential candidates.
My blog or website is about school news targeting secondary school leavers who are eager to enroll into tertiary institutions. Luckily, I have up to 3,000 unique readers daily.
Since they always find information about admissions, I believe many will like to enroll in your school.
The advantage of advertising with us that its affordable and promising.
Kindly send me your school info to get started. Please visit our advert page for details.
After this, pray for positive response while you contact another potential advertisers.
I’m very sure that that if you contact 1,000 potential advertisers, 10 out of that will respond positively and that’s the beginning of business.
Selling advertising space is one of the best ways to make money from your blog or website.
What do you think?